6 Best Virtual Reality Arcades in Singapore You Should Check Out 
Out with the old and traditional arcades, in with the new and improved version, a.k.a. virtual reality arcades. They are no longer a thing of the rich and exclusive, and it is a lot more accessible (and affordable) for everyone. Furthermore, who doesn’t love a lazy afternoon at an arcade, experiencing different games and genres, while having a good laugh with your friends and watching them stumble their way through virtual reality for the first time!
With its growing popularity over the years, you can have your turn at this cool new toy too, from zombie slaying to rhythm games. Here are some of the best virtual reality arcades in Singapore.
1. V-Room Arcade
- Lifetime membership for just $5
- Book 2 hours and get a free membership
- $24/hr per headset for weekdays, $30 for weekends/PH
V-Room is equipped with the “latest” in virtual reality to keep you entertained for an afternoon, along with its wide collection of games such as Half-Life: ALYX (genre: shooting, puzzle, horror) and The Price of Freedom (genre: puzzle). You can check out their game collection to watch the game trailer and read the description, before heading down for your virtual reality arcade session!
As a ‘members-only’ virtual reality arcade, you will get to learn the right way to manoeuvre through a virtual reality arcade safely as part of its lifetime membership!
Instead of going solo, these virtual reality games can also be enjoyed in multiplayer mode for team building, or just having a great time in general. Immerse yourself, and be an awe-inspiring character while navigating through this multiplayer world.
|Address||V-Room @ Orchard Gateway 277 Orchard Road, Orchard Gateway, #02-02, Singapore 238858.|
|Contact||6677 8478 | [email protected]|
|Operating Hours||MON-SUN, 1.30 PM to 10.30 PM|
2. HeadRock VR Arcade
- First virtual reality theme park in Singapore
- Choose between 3 different packages ($35 to $65) to mix and match attractions
- Located in Resorts World Sentosa
With 11 different games in three thematic zones, Green, Orange, and Blue, HeadRock VR has something for everyone. Each of the three thematic zones has a different intensity – green for beginners, Orange for intermediate and advanced level, and Blue for those seeking a challenge!
Don’t miss your chance to try the Blue zone that is known for its unique and experiential rides such as Flying Dive where you get to feel how it’s like to jump from buildings to buildings in an urban city, or Jump Jump where you jump through the jungle adventure like Tarzan.
With three different packages from $35 to $65, have the time of your lives at Singapore’s first-ever virtual reality theme park!
|Address||26 Sentosa Gateway #01-38/39 Singapore 098138|
|Contact||6963 4127 | [email protected]|
|Operating Hours||THU – TUE, 11 AM to 7 PM|
3. Virtual Room Arcade
- Team-based adventure between 2 to 22 players
- Up to $49 per session (1 hour), with a free demo available
- Specifically designed for corporate teams
Instead of going solo, Virtual Room is catered for team building, in groups of two to four players per game. Furthermore, each player will have their own room and they will solve puzzles and challenges together by talking to each other and collaborating.
Flaunting its full 3D cinematic experience, mixed with an escape room concept, Virtual Room is one of the “world’s best team-based virtual reality experiences”. Currently, they have three games available, Time Travel Chapter I and II (Genre: Adventure), and Are We Dead? (Genre: Survival).
If you are around the area, drop by Virtual Room for a free demo before deciding if virtual reality arcades are for you!
|Address||Basement 3, Lucky Chinatown 211 New Bridge Road 059432 Singapore|
|Contact||Mob: 8202 6405 Tel: 6966 8060 | [email protected]|
|Operating Hours||MON-SUN, 10 AM to 9 PM|
4. Zero Latency Arcade
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Free-roaming experience at warehouse scale location
- Largest virtual reality gaming arena
Known for its free-roaming multi-player virtual reality experience, Zero Latency originated from Australia and has the largest arena in Singapore. Zero Latency’s free-roam virtual reality uses state-of-the-art wireless technology and motion tracking, along with custom-made equipment for maximum immersion.
This state-of-the-art custom-made equipment features a 2k resolution headset for the most immersive experience, complete with a sound surround Razer headset.
With limited players per session due to COVID-19, you have six games to choose from Undead Arena, Zombie Survival, Singularity, Engineerium, Outbreak Origins, and Sol Raiders. Zero Latency is recommended for aged 13 and above, and remember to dress comfortably for all the action!
|Address||3 Temasek Boulevard #03-346/347 Suntec City Mall Singapore 038983|
|Contact||6931 0331 | [email protected]|
|Operating Hours||MON – THU, 11AM to 10PM FRI, 11AM to 11PM SAT, 10AM to 11PM SUN, 10AM to 10PM|
5. HADO Arcade
- First-ever active esport in Singapore
- Gaming goes physical, requires footwork and agility
- Team sport with up to three-person per team
Similar to virtual reality, HADO uses augmented reality technology and motion sensors to provide an unrestricted gaming experience. As HADO is a physical game, it requires footwork, skill, and agility to ace. With 80 seconds per game and up to three-person per team, the first team to score will win the game.
Their most popular game currently is AR Dodgeball, whereby players form a team of three, and compete with another, in a competition format with minimal risk.
However, HADO requires air-conditioned as it does not have a physical store in Singapore. Check out their YouTube channel to witness “The Future of Sports”.
|Contact||8802 7527 | [email protected]|
6. New World Carnival Arcade
- Integrated VR and classic arcade
- More than 12 games and 1,000 prizes to be won
- Located at Marina Square
The latest addition to the virtual reality arcade scene in Singapore is New World Carnival. Showing promise with its concept of fusing virtual reality with old traditional arcades, it has more than 12 games to choose from and you can even win prizes!
Suitable for friends, family, and colleagues, New World Carnival is highly recommended for those who want variety, especially if you have the whole afternoon to enjoy all their games!
New World Carnival also offers gift cards and vouchers which are available for purchase in their store at Marina Square.
|Address||Marina Square #02-27/286 Raffles Boulevard Singapore 039594|
|Operating Hours||MON to SUN, 11.30AM to 10.30PM|
Be it your oversized indoor sunglasses, or just you being disoriented in a virtual world, these arcades can get rather complicated, and it may not suitable for some. Do take regular breaks now and then, and if you notice any troubling effects incoming, come back to the real world!
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on Singapore's best trends!
- December 10, 2020By Awais S.Who doesn't crave for...
- December 5, 2020This is a guide...
- November 13, 2020Contrary to popular belief,...
- October 28, 2020By LunaAmong the many food...
- October 26, 2020Ah, macarons—delightful treats that...
- October 15, 2020Piquant, energizing and unabashed...
- September 25, 2020By Rhyza D.From ready-to-cook meals to...
- September 24, 2020Without the food, Chinatown...
- September 6, 2020Often serving a wide...
- August 25, 2020Intending to check out...
- August 18, 2020Every customer dining experience...
- August 6, 2020In fact, we want...
- July 24, 2020By WarrenLet's discuss different tips...
- June 22, 2020Fix your supper cravings...
- June 18, 2020With a wide variety...
- June 16, 2020There are many alcohol...
- June 11, 2020Instant noodles are the...
- April 1, 2021These vegan influencers from...
- April 1, 2021If you are a...