Flawless, glowing, and smooth as silk. Peering through the television screen, the pixels seem to accentuate the milky skin of a Korean superstar and all you are left with is feelings of amazement and envy. It is time to whip a mirror out because, with the best clinics in Singapore, your skin is about to get the royalty treatment of a lifetime. The key to making your dream a reality lies in a single word: dermatologist.
A dermatologist is medical personnel with the knowledge and qualifications to treat and diagnose skin disorders of all types. They are typically divided into various subcategories which include cosmetic dermatology (i.e. lasers, botox, and fillers), medical dermatology (i.e. skin allergies, eczema, and acne) and pediatric dermatology (for children). Dermatologists may opt to open their own private practices or work for the government under hospitals or at the National Skin Centre.
Picking Dr Right…
With Singapore being home to a multitude of skincare clinics and dermatologists, how can we be assured of our choice of a dermatologist? Fret not, for we have conducted thorough research and narrowed it down to the best seven skin clinics in Singapore where you can find the best dermatologists in the field. Most treat a myriad of skin conditions but do keep an eye out for their individual specialisations if you are seeking medical treatment for a specific condition.
Specialisation: Mohs Micrographic Surgery, skin cancer, and hair and nail disorders
- Ministry of Health accredited dermatologist
- Academic qualifications from prestigious universities such as Harvard and Cambridge
- Over 15 years of experience including former consultancy at National Skin Centre (undertook leading consultant at its Hair Transplantation Service)
Dr. Yong Anning Angeline is a pioneer of her generation. Her proficient technical skills are to be expected given her vast exposure through fellowships in the United States (US), United Kingdom (UK), and Korea. She is a key opinion leader in aesthetic dermatology products and an author of numerous publications in medical journals and books. In fact, Dr. Yong Anning Angeline is one of the few to hold qualifications for practice in Singapore, the UK, and the US. With 5 star reviews on Google that attest to her efficacy, Dr. Yong Anning Angeline is a reliable dermatologist, especially for those seeking treatment in skin and hair disorders.
Specialisation: Cosmetic dermatology with research interests in skin cancers, skin surgery, drug allergies as well as pigmentation disorders
- Ministry of Health accredited dermatologist
- Featured on numerous media as a regular dermatologist expert
- Author of bestseller “Skincare Bible – Dermatologist’s Tips for Cosmeceutical Skincare”
- Best Service Award 2009 by Singapore General Hospital
- Founder of cosmetic line, Dr TWL Dermaceuticals with publicity on The New York Times Style Magazine, Her World, CLEO,
TWL Specialist Skin & Laser Centre is helmed by Dr. Teo Wan Lin, a celebrity in the dermatological circles. Her fame is well-deserved considering the sheer number of accolades she amassed since she has started her practice. She is renowned for treating tacky conditions like eczema to great success amongst a diverse clientele of adults and children of all races (Caucasians included!). With an average of 4.7-star ratings on Google and a seal of approval from the government and media, it is not hard to see why this skin clinic is currently shining brightly under the spotlight, and indeed one of the best skin clinics in Singapore.
Specialisation: Paediatric, women, obstetric, genital and vulva dermatology
- Over 12 years of experience in dermatology
- Accredited dermatologist with Ministry of Health and the General Medical Council (UK)
- Visiting Consultant at KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital (Paediatric and Women’s Dermatology)
To find a dermatologist who can treat genital, vulva, and obstetric dermatological issues are to seek a needle in a haystack; this makes Dr Liew Hui Min a one-of-a-kind dermatologist. Beyond her extensive medical experience in Singapore and the United Kingdom, she is instrumental in the reform of paediatric and women’s dermatology services which led to the opening of numerous cross-disciplinary paediatric treatment centres in Singapore. SOG – HM Liew Skin & Laser Clinic where Dr Liew Hui Min currently practices at is currently rated 5.0 stars on Google, a statistic telling of its stellar quality.
Specialisation: Surgical and cosmetic dermatology including skin cancer screening, removal of skin lesions, laser surgery, and paediatric dermatology
- Over 20 years of experience in dermatology
- International exposure with former practices at Edinburgh, London, and Hong Kong
- Over 20 publications in medical journals and book chapters
- Great aftercare follow up
- Customised treatment plan
- No hidden cost
- Can treat medical, cosmetic, surgical and paediatric dermatology
- Family packaged skincare plan
Dr. Stephanie Ho has dual accreditations in the United Kingdom and Singapore and believes in providing a comprehensive yet customised approach to skincare. Her international experience has exposed her to a broad network of clients which has made her an expert on not just Asian skin but Caucasian skin as well (She did most of her fellowship in the United Kingdom.). She is extremely adept at lasers and injectables which is telling of her strong talents as a good cosmetic dermatologist. Dr. Stephanie Ho currently has a 4.7-star rating on Google.
Specialisation: Challenging skin and aesthetics conditions that affect Asian women and men (i.e. severe pigmentations, adult acne/pimples, and ageing skin.
- 15 years of medical experience and has performed over 30,000 aesthetics lasers and treatments
- One Face’s founder, Dr David Ng Cheow Hua’s dedication to continuously attend conferences and seminars so that he can keep abreast of the latest technological and medical advancements in the field
- Takes on a results-oriented and patient-centric approach to tackling your skin concerns
- Have their own line of proprietary cosmeceutical skincare products and formulations
Dr. David is an expert in holistic medical aesthetics services and skincare solutions for challenging skin problems that affect many Asian men and women, such as severe pigmentations, adult acne/pimples, and ageing skin. With their results-oriented and patient-centric approach to tackling your skin problems, rest assured that you will see an obvious improvement in your skin! His dedication to providing a tailored and holistic skincare experience for each and every one of his patients has earned him a 4.9-star Google rating. Extremely well deserved since One Face Skin & Aesthetic Clinics is truly one of the best skin clinics in Singapore!
Specialisation: Cosmetic dermatology (e.g. laser surgery) with holistic treatment
- 14 years of experience in dermatology and laser surgery
- Treats a variety of dermatological issues be it medical, cosmetic or surgical
- Holistic treatment approach with medicine, dietary and lifestyle recommendations
- Developed own skincare line, PS Skin
- Consultations available in English, French, Chinese, and Malay
- Visiting Consultant at the National Skin Centre
Dr. Priya Sen is a wearer of many hats. She has a double degree in Neuroanatomy and Medicine from the University College London and a Diploma in Genitourinary Medicine (UK) for injectable fillers and botox. These accolades make her adept in the treatment of most dermatological conditions which she supplements with her own skincare products, PSSkin. Beyond being an effective doctor, Dr Priya Sen is known for her congenial and amiable nature that is a product of her own struggle with eczema since her childhood days – a trait that makes her stand out among her peers. Just check out the voices of 80 people on Google and Facebook who left an average of 4-star reviews!
Specialisation: Treating skin disorders with homeopathic medicine
- Homoeopathic medicine which negates drug reliance
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans (no animal products)
- No known side effects
Dr Tang Yuqi Tony’s medical approach is a fine exemplification of East meets West. Being trained academically in clinical research and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Dr Tony, along with his team, has pioneered a decade’s worth of scientific research in formulating natural products to treat chronic skin diseases. To those who are not a fan of drugs, Dr Tony’s method of treatment is a refreshing breeze in the summer heat. For his innovative approach, De Tony has been featured on local media and his skills appraised through the multiple patient testimonials on his website above.
Whether you are seeking a dermatologist for a cosmetic, medical, or surgical reason, this curated list exists to help you pick the best dermatologist for your condition. As dermatologists differ in specialisations, do remember to pick the best based on the medical issue you have to achieve the optimal results.
Specialisation: Medical Aesthetic Lasers, Aesthetic Injectable procedures, his own range of specially formulated medical grade skincare products.
What we love about Dr Edwin Lim is his skin philosophy. He believes that aesthetic medicine should be centred around empowering oneself by enhancing one’s own appearance through minimally invasive treatments. Thus, do not worry about upselling when it comes to this clinic. Dr Lim will provide you with the best and honest diagnosis and advice to improve your skin.
He is extremely experienced, and if you put your trust in him, rest assured that your skin will be in good hands even when you step out of his clinic. Besides reputable and well-tested procedures offered in his clinic, he also has developed his own range of specially formulated medical-grade skincare products. Thus, do not fret that your skin condition will deteriorate when you leave the clinic, as he will offer you the best skin care products that are tailored specifically to your skincare conditions.
Specialisation: Cosmetic dermatology especially in aesthetic medicine and hair transplantation
- 14 years of experience in dermatology and laser surgery
- Contributing author of bestseller “Practical Aspects of Hair Transplantation in Asians”
- Recognised hair transplant expert in the region
Dr Tyng Tan is an expert in aesthetic and hair dermatology and has the knowledge and research to substantiate it. Not only is she one of the few local professionals certified to perform hair transplants, but she is also personally trained by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery and famous hair specialist, Dr John P Cole. Her three hair transplant techniques found massive popularity with her clients as evident in the 4.9-star ratings listed on Google.
10. Dermatology & Co
Specialization: Skin, hair, and nail problems for both children and adults.
- Over 12 years of experience in the field.
- Best for personalized private care.
- Offers dermatology services for children and adults.
Dermatology & Co is helmed by experienced duos Dr Tan Wei Sheng and Dr Ker Khor Jia. Here, you will find solutions for a wide array of skin, hair, and nail problems. They also offer consultations on sexual health.
The duo combines modern laser and injectable methods in their treatment to bring out satisfying results with as little downtime as possible. They always make their patients feel comfortable and focuses on personalized private care. The comfortability enhances the patient’s quick recovery. Dr Ker has over 12 years of experience in the dermatology field. Having been trained in the United States, she can handle a wide range of skin disorders using such as laser and skin surgery, pediatric dermatology, eczema, hair disorders, and immune-related skin diseases.
Specialization: Treatment of medical skin, hair, and nail conditions and performing aesthetic skin and laser procedures.
- Over 30 years of experience in dermatology.
- Accredited dermatologist specialist from Ministry of Health, Singapore and Ministry of Health in Malaysia.
- Over 20 publications of medical journals and book chapters either as first author or co-author.
- Excellent aftercare follow-up.
- No hidden charges.
Dr Joyce Lim has a dual credential as a dermatologist specialist in Singapore as well as Malaysia. With over 30 years of experience in treating medical and cosmetic skin problems for both children and adults, you are in good hands with Dr Joyce Lim. Dr Joyce Lim is an appointed member of Pigment Disorders Academy (PDA) who exchange information and discuss issues relating to skin pigmentary problems. Various scientific papers have been published through such meetings. Dr Joyce Lim ensures she sees every patient, which guarantees that you receive treatment only from the best.
There is no refutation that Joyce Lim is among the best dermatology specialist in Singapore. The clinic provides a wide range of solutions to problems and disorders such as eczema, skin tags, acne, dry skin, wrinkles, skin infection, oily skin, and even cancer. The clinic has lasers and equipment to treat both medical and cosmetic skin problems. Skincare for men is also available.
Dr Joyce Lim immense experience in dermatology has enabled her to teach and conduct workshops. Being a member of Pigment Disorders Academy (PDA) and one of the founding directors of the Asian Dermatologic Laser and Surgery Research Group (ADLAS) and Aesthetic Dermatology Educational Group (ADEG) enables her to broaden her knowledge in the dermatology field.
Specialization: Skin, hair, and nail problems for all ages as well as an armamentarium of life-enhancing aesthetic dermatological procedures
- Over 20 years of medical experience.
- Accredited specialist with the Ministry of health.
- Conferred as a fellow of the academy of medicine (dermatology).
- Academic qualifications from the National University of Singapore and Membership of the Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom.
- Featured on numerous media as dermatology expert.
Renaissance Dermatology Specialist Clinic is headed by Dr Noor Hanif Said, who has over 20 years of medical experience. Dr Noor was a dermatologist at the National Skin Centre and a Visiting Consultant with the Khoo Teck Puat Hospital Dermatology Service before starting his private practice at Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre. The dermatologist specializes in pigmentary disorders and aesthetic dermatology. Managing general skin problems such as acne, psoriasis, eczema, and hair loss is his other expertise.
Dr Noor is an opinion leader in dermatology, which has enabled him to be a speaker on various public forums to educate the public on common skin, hair, and nail conditions. He has also published various local and international peer-reviewed medical journals. You will receive high-quality dermatology medical care as well as high standard care at Renaissance Dermatology Specialist Clinic. The clinic believes that every individual is unique, and they will strive to provide personalized treatment. Renaissance Dermatology Specialist Clinic is a dermatology clinic for your whole family.
Specialization: Dermatology care for Skin, Hair, Allergies & Lasers.
- Provides a wide range of dermatology services such as skin, hair, allergies, lasers, and procedures.
- The dermatologists have both local and international work experiences.
- Accredited by the Ministry of Health.
- Academic qualifications from the National Skin Centre, Singapore (NSC).
- Presented and published numerous research papers in conferences and scientific journals.
- Visiting consultant at Khoo Teck Phuat Hospital (KTPH).
The dermatology practice is led by Dr Gavin Ong, who underwent his edification at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital and St Stephen Centre in London. He provides a wide range of dermatology services, such as medical and cosmetic dermatology.
When it comes to medical skin conditions, he can sort any problems and disorders that you are facing. From inflammatory skin condition, acne, skin cancer, eczema, skin allergies to psoriasis are catered for at the clinic. Cosmetic dermatology conditions such as hair, skin pigmentation, excessive perspiration, and facial aging will be perfectly catered to with Dr Gavin.
Specialization: Skin health restoration, skin cancer screening, skin surgery, aesthetic dermatology, and immunotherapy.
- Ministry of Health accredited.
- Over 20 years of dermatology experience.
- Competitive and transparent fees.
Led by Dr Wong Soon Tee, Assurance Skin, Laser & Aesthetics has over 20 years of dermatology experience in the industry. He has helped and continues to help patients overcome medical and cosmetic skin problems. From simple outpatient skin problems such as eczema, hair loss, and pigmentation to more severe skin problems related to patients with cancer, heart, liver, and kidney problems, Dr Wong will sort you out.
Dr Wong has worked with all types of patients, including Asian and Caucasian patients. He does regular skin surgery to remove skin cancers, skin growths, and cysts. Dr Wong also provides comprehensive keloid scar management, including laser surgery, radiation treatment, topical treatment, injection treatment, and excisional surgery. He is an expert in dermatology, which has enabled him to be a speaker at many local and international talks and conferences.
Specialization: Skin, air, and nails with a particular interest in psoriasis, acne, and phototherapy.
- Over 40 years of dermatology experience.
- Accredited by the Ministry of Health.
- Academic qualifications for prestigious universities such as the University of London and St John’s Dermatology Centre, London.
- Fluent in English, Malay, Mandarin, and dialects.
Dr Cheong Wai Kwong, the pioneer of Specialists Skin Clinic has been a practising dermatologist since 1986. Dr Cheong has worked as a dermatologist in many hospitals, including National Skin Centre in Singapore and the St John’s Dermatology Centre in London, before joining Specialist Skin Clinic as a private practitioner. He treats general skin problems in both children and adults but has particular interest and expertise in treating psoriasis, acne, and acne scars.
Dr Cheong also specializes in phototherapy skin treatment for conditions such as eczema, vitiligo, and psoriasis. He also works with two other doctors in the institute, Dr Phay Ken-Lin, whose particular interest is cosmetic dermatology. Simultaneously, Dr Neoh Ching Yin has her special interests in the management of atopic eczema and medical dermatology, including blistering skin diseases and lupus erythematosus.
Didn’t you find your favourite dermatologist and skin clinic? Let us know if we miss out on any of your recommended dermatologists in the comments below!
Hope our list of the best skin clinics in Singapore was of help to you!
Related Topic: Best 5 Recommended Botox Clinics in Singapore for 2020
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on Singapore's best trends!
- April 16, 2021By JoanneRemember when we wished...
- March 18, 2021With most of our...
- March 17, 2021As we searched "Durian...
- February 28, 2021With a comfortable gaming...
- February 26, 2021Durian is one of...
- January 19, 2021Foldable bikes offer great...
- December 23, 2020Sleep came to me...
- September 6, 2020Often serving a wide...
- September 23, 2021We have compiled a...